By Susan A. Neufeld
Mountain Communities – Due to the anticipated short-term high winds, as well as high temperatures and low humidity, San Bernardino County Fire Marshal Mike Horton has suspended all burn permits and open fires in the following geographic areas:
- Division 1 – All unincorporated West Valley Areas including the cities of Fontana and Grand Terrace.
- Division 2 – All unincorporated High Desert areas, including the city of Hesperia.
- Division 3 – All unincorporated North Desert areas including the cities of Victorville and Adelanto.
- Division 4 – All unincorporated Mountain areas, except for within the Running Springs Fire District and the Big Bear Fire Authority boundaries.
- Division 5- All unincorporated South desert areas, including the town of Yucca Valley and the city of Twentynine Palms.
- Division 6 – All unincorporated River areas including the Parker Dam area. Big River and the city of Needles are NOT restricted unless necessary, based upon local weather observations by the Battalion Chief assigned to this Battalion.
THIS SUSPENSION SHALL TAKE EFFECT 0600
HOURS ON MAY 26, 2017
AND SHALL REMAIN IN EFFECT UNTIL LIFTED
Covered barbecues and recreational fires fueled solely by natural gas or propane are exempt from this suspension. Cooking fires of any type are permissible under permit only when NO alternate means of cooking are available.
Residential burning of trash, yard clippings and tree trimmings are ALWAYS prohibited in the Mountain and Valley areas, regardless of conditions.
Unlawful fires may result in administrative or legal action against the person kindling the fire and/or owner of the property on which the fire occurs.
Full copy of the proclamation can be found at http://sbcfire.org