By Susan A. Neufeld
Mountain Communities – The California State University Mountain Scholarship Society is offering scholarships to mountain residents. The Scholarship Society has over $500,000 in endowments, designated to assist San Bernardino mountain residents, living within the Rim of the World School District who plan to attend Cal State University San Bernardino (CSUSB) in the 2018-19 school year. Applications are now being accepted.
Scholarships are NOT restricted to high school graduates.
Any mountain resident wishing to pursue his or her college education and meets the criteria is eligible.
- Scholarships will be awarded to students attending CSUSB.
- Applicants must be residents of the grater Lake Arrowhead mountain communities, encompassed by the Rim of the World Unified School District.
- Scholarships are available to all majors, with preference given to education/liberal studies nursing, or health care related majors.
- Financial need is considered, but not essential.
- Students may have full or part-time status as an undergraduate or graduate student.
- Scholarship recipients may reapply yearly if they maintain a minimum 3.0 grade point average.
Current scholarship recipients who are reapplying need only to include current personal information, proof of enrolment and proof of grades received at CSUSB.
Applications must be received by April 9, 2018 and new applicants must include: Autobiographies, Letters of Recommendation, Proof of grades and consent forms.
Funding for the Scholarships is a result of the efforts of Neale and Patricia Perkins, and a small but dedicated group-of volunteers, as well as many very generous donors.
For more information and download and application, go to: https://www.csusb.edu/advancement/development/mountain-communities/scholarships
Applications may also be available at your school counseling office.