By Susan A. Neufeld
Mountain Communities – Rim Communities for Youth Council Coalition (RCFY) is looking for people who are having an impact on the lives of kids in our local communities. Once identified, they will be eligible to receive a “POCKET” Award.
The POCKET Awards ceremony takes place on Saturday, May 19, 2018, during the Rim Communities Health & Resource Fair, located at 607 Forest Shade Road in Crestline.
The process is easy – Fill in the name , address, and telephone number of both your nominee, and yourself as the nominator. Write a brief, passionate, compelling story about your friend. Tell something that distinguishes them as an individual. Then highlight how the nominee’s actions protect and/or benefit our community’s children.
Nominations must be received by May 11 @ 5:00 p.m.
RECOGNIZING THOSE WHO MAKE A DIFFERENCE
The POCKET award acknowledges community members who volunteer their time to provide support and encouragement to our youth, in ways that help safeguard them against drugs and alcohol abuse. Awards are based on “protective factors” such as solid family bonds and the capacity to succeed in school.
FIVE AWARD CATEGORIES
The Rim Communities for Youth Council is currently accepting nominations in the following categories.
- Family Advocate – Parent leaders, parent advocates, and child advocates who facilitate parent education or who work to prevent violence, abuse and neglect.
- Success In School Performance – Individuals who volunteer to support the education of children including educational environment, materials, and academic needs.
- Promoting Positive Per Affiliations – Individuals who encourage strong bonds and friendships among young people.
- Mentoring Hero – Individuals who encourage kids to reach their highest potential.
- Prevention Champion – Community members who work to encourage kids to avoid drug and alcohol use and who use their time, talents, and energy to keep our mountain safe from alcohol and drugs.
- Each of the previous POCKET winner were awarded high honors for their excellent work in protecting the children of the mountain communities.
If you would like a nomination form, or would like more information please contact RCFY partner Jacqueline Sevier at (909) 336-1800 or email@example.com. You can get an application on line at: http://www.rimfamilyservices.org/programs/environmental-prevention-program/rim-youth-prevention-leadership-coalition-rypl/pocketawards/